STAFF | TEAM ROSTERS | LEAGUE MAP | TRANSACTIONS | TRYOUTS | PLAYER ELIGIBILITY | EMPLOYMENT | ALUMNI
» Summer Internships - Washington Wild Things (Washington, PA)
» Future Notification Only - Frontier League and its Teams (Various Locations, US)
The Washington (PA) Wild Things professional baseball club of the Independent Frontier League is seeking a Director of Sales to oversee the sales directives for sponsorship and ticket sales of the team. The position will supervise the sales efforts for the team and events at Wild Things Park including but not limited to a 50-game home baseball schedule for the Wild Things that runs from mid-May through Labor Day, a twenty game college baseball schedule in March and April, as well as a high school schedule plus the WPIAL finals and state playoffs. Other baseball events, concerts, festivals, and parties are also conducted at the facility. Combined attendance at Wild Things Park exceeds 350,000 people annually. This position will utilize and create sales tools while developing relationships to increase and generate revenues for the team and the facility. The position is a sales position that will also manage all aspects of sales activities for the team including tracking and placing inventory and creating and maintaining detailed sales reports for organization. Reports to team General Manager.
- Actively promote sponsorship sales for the Washington Wild Things and its continued growth throughout western PA, West Virginia, and eastern Ohio.
- Design and create sponsorship packages that drive excitement, attendance, revenue while enhancing the in-stadium atmosphere at Wild Things Park.
- Increase sponsorship sales efforts/revenues on a local and national level while increasing sponsorship properties in-stadium and media properties (radio, TV, Web based).
- Develop and execute sponsorship sales business plan and marketing strategy.
- Develop and execute ticket sales business plan and marketing strategy.
- Create strategic and innovative programs to increase sponsorship and ticket sales.
- Develop a management plan and style to motivate and create a cohesive sales department utilizing sales tools, manuals, and incentive programs directed at attaining goals and increasing sales. Responsibilities:
- Execute the goals established for department in team/organization business plan.
- Oversee daily sponsorship sales operations of Washington Wild Things.
- Develop and implement monthly and year-to-date qualitative and quantitative reports tracking sponsorship sales.
- Create and implement qualified sales leads and new business development programs.
- Direct sponsorship sales programs including but not limited to in-stadium and media in addition to creating new programs and properties to reach sponsorship sales goal of $2.2 million annually.
- Maintain a client database for sponsorship sales with the personal goal to exceed $250,000 in annual sales.
- Candidate will also be encouraged to visit other teams and facilities to study their inventory, promotions, and events.
- Join and become involved in local civic groups and associations.
- Make continuous sales calls and attend industry trade-shows throughout the year.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: I have previous sales experience in sports.
1. Yes/No: I have previous sales experience in sports.
The Washington Wild Things are accepting resumes for summer internship positions during the 2014 season.
The mission of the Washington Wild Things’ internship program is to educate its participants in all aspects of operating a professional sports organization, by observation and getting real hands-on experience. Interns learn how to work in a professional environment that requires a high energy level, the ability to perform under pressure and the utilization of essential time management skills. The Washington Wild Things strive to successfully prepare interns to compete for positions in the professional sports industry.
Wild Things Interns:
We are currently looking for full-time in a variety of departments. Full-time interns will be expected to work the same hours as the front office staff, including office hours, game nights and weekends. At least 40 hours a week is expected. Interns will be assigned to a specific department but will be able to help as need in others:
· Ticket Operations
· Ballpark Operations
· Media Relations
· Production/ Promotions
· Community Outreach
· Food and Beverage
· Outside Events
The Wild Things are looking for an outgoing, go getter personality to handle multiple responsibilities. The successful candidate will learn all aspects of running a professional franchise, such as: sales, marketing, operations, ticketing, customer service and more. We are looking for hard-working candidates that aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
All applicants must send a detailed cover letter along with a resume.
Please forward all applications to:
Washington Wild Things
Attn: Internship Program
1 Washington Federal Way
Washington, PA 15301
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the Frontier League and its Teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ