» Spring 2018 Internship - Lake Erie Crushers (Avon, OH)
» Future Notification Only - Frontier League and its Teams (Various Locations, US)
The Lake Erie Crushers, an Independent professional baseball team that operates within the Frontier League, is looking to add to its talented roster to help build the Lake Erie Crushers into Northern Ohio’s most recognizable minor league sports franchises.
The full-time position of Director of Ticket Sales is responsible for the sale and service of effective marketing and hospitality solutions for area business and residents. This individual has the opportunity to help build a department into one of the best in all of minor league sports.
The Crushers are seeking a proven, hardworking professional looking to take the next step in his or her sales career in the sports industry. The Director of Ticket Sales will be responsible for the generation and development of ticket revenue. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with experience selling tickets and a proven track record of developing mutually beneficial and customizable ticket packages for both the team and client. Creativity, excellent writing and presentation skills and the highest level of ethical standards are required.
- Generate revenue through the identification and closing of tickets sales for the Lake Erie Crushers.
- Oversee and grow the Crushers ticket sales efforts as it pertains to corporate and group hospitality (suites, party areas, short season packages and season tickets).
- Maintain and manage database of ticketing clients and prospects.
- Train, manage and hire a sales staff.
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly and yearly sales goals.
- Participate as a member of the Crushers mid-management team.
- Provide outstanding customer service to Crushers fans.
- Represent team at numerous community events throughout the year and actively assist in grass roots marketing efforts to build fan base.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree (recommended) in business, sports management, marketing or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of successful sales management.
- Strategic approach to individual and team goals, both short-term and long-term.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills – must be able to craft a professional written and oral proposal.
- Strong sense of professionalism and friendly in-person and on-phone demeanor.
- The desire to embrace a team-first mentality in a startup environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional appearance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Glitner Ticketing preferred.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment while juggling many tasks at once. Excellent time management is required.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The Lake Erie Crushers, located in Avon, OH, are looking for interns during the spring semester, January to May 2018. As a Lake Erie Crushers intern you will have the opportunity to experience and partake in all aspects of how a professional baseball team operates. Interns can gather practical work experience in all aspects of professional sports including, but not limited to:
Marketing / Promotions
Corporate Client Management
- Work with Front Office staff to plan and prepare for 2018 Frontier League season and other stadium events.
- Help plan and promote promotional / theme nights for 2018 season
- Work community & mascot appearances with marketing staff
- Assist with: Public Relations, Community Development, Media Relations, and various other office needs
- Work all aspects of ticketing process from sales support to box office operations
- Work with Stadium Operations staff to prepare ballpark for 2018 season and other in-stadium events
- Work with corporate client development program
- Currently attending, an accredited university. (All majors welcomed)
- Passion to work in the sports industry
- Ability to think outside the box, and bring new ideas to the table
- Maintain a professional demeanor during high pressure situations
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Enjoy working as part of a team
This is an unpaid internship, and no housing is provided. College credit can be awarded for completion of this internship.
Interested parties should send cover letter and resume to Tom Kramig at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 1st.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the Frontier League and its Teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ