STAFF | TEAM ROSTERS | LEAGUE MAP | TRANSACTIONS | TRYOUTS | PLAYER ELIGIBILITY | EMPLOYMENT | ALUMNI
Current available jobs in Facility Operations/Security:
» Kitchen Manager - Schaumburg Boomers (Schaumburg, IL)
The Normal Cornbelters, a professional baseball team in the Frontier League is looking for a Food and Beverage Intern(s). The intern will work directly for the Food and Beverage Director for the Normal Cornbelters 2017 home games and other events at the "Corn Crib" Duties include, but not limited to, all aspects of food and beverage operation including, inventory, placing orders, vendor relations, stocking stands, some accounting, cleaning, food safety and scheduling.
Intern will also have the ability to work with the front office staff to ensure a great fan exerience.
Expectations, Duties and Skills:
- Experience in Food and Beverage preferred.
- Knowledge of food safety preferred.
- Abilty to multi task and be punctual.
- Must be willing to work long hours, weekends and Holdiays.
- Good time managment skills.
- Computer skills a plus.
- Must have an interest in Food and Beverage or Sports.
This is an unpaid internship.
The Kitchen Manager is directly responsible for the food production for the entire catering operation at the facility. The catering operation consists of luxury suites with a full-service menu, as well as catering to groups of varying sizes. This position will be expected to direct a kitchen staff of 5-10 people to accomplish responsibilities. This position will require someone with cooking and management skills to be able to provide food for all catering venues within a short period of time. This will also require someone with excellent time management and organizational skills.
This position will be required to work a varied schedule that will include evenings, nights, and weekends. The Kitchen Manager reports directly to the Director of Food and Beverage.
• Establish a line of communication with the Catering Coordinator regarding food preparation for all the catering venues
• Responsible for preparing and cooking food for all catering venues in a timely fashion without sacrificing quality and presentation of food
• Responsible for the training and managing of kitchen staff and concession stand cooks
• Demonstrate team-building experience with employees
• Instill a guest service attitude in all kitchen employees
• Use a “hands-on” approach to management
• Monitor and meet all health codes laws as administered by the State of Illinois and the Village of Schaumburg
• Establish a high standard of sanitation and cleanliness in all catering venues, and train employees to do so as well
• Assist the catering department with the counting of inventory, receiving of product, distribution of product to the appropriate locations, and the overall organization and security controls of the catering operation.
• Responsible for providing a meal for the full time staff and players for every home game and any other special circumstances that require food.
• Prepare work schedules for kitchen staff in timely manner
• Responsible for ordering supplies and food for upcoming home stands and special events
• Assist in creating new menu options
• Control food cost and labor cost
• Attend staff and catering meetings
• Detail oriented person who can handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Bending and lifting to load and un load items from delivery trucks
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Professional minimum of 1 year work experience
• College degree in industry preferred
• Basic computer skills
• Must have current State of Illinois Food Service Sanitation License
Season Full Time Position May-September
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ