STAFF | TEAM ROSTERS | LEAGUE MAP | TRANSACTIONS | TRYOUTS | PLAYER ELIGIBILITY | EMPLOYMENT | ALUMNI
Current available jobs in Baseball Operations:
Evaluates physical condition and advises and treats Traverse City Beach Bums players and coaches to maintain maximum physical fitness for participation in athletic competition: Prescribes routine and corrective exercises to strengthen muscles.
Recommends special diets to build up health. Renders first aid to injured players, such as giving artificial respiration, cleaning and bandaging wounds, and applying heat and cold to promote healing. Calls physician for injured persons as required. Wraps ankles, fingers, or wrists of athletes in synthetic skin, protecting gauze, and adhesive tape to support muscles and ligaments. Treats chronic minor injuries and related disabilities to maintain athletes' performance. May give heat and diathermy treatments.
THIS POSITION IS FOR THE 2017 BASEBALL SEASON, MAY 1ST THROUGH SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2017 AND THROUGH POST SEASON ACTION IF ANY (possibility of mid-September).
• Provide daily care and prevention of athletic injuries during Beach Bums warmups & games
• Provide athletic training responsibilities for all remaining Beach Bums games (August 11 through Sept 6 and beyond if there is post season action). Duties include, but are not limited to: prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
• Various administrative duties include, but are not limited to: documentation of athletic injuries and immediate communication with general manager and field manager; assisting with team travel; assisting with player travel; assisting baseball staff with various administrative duties; making player doctor appointment where & when necessary
• Must have strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals including members coaching staff, players, front office staff and team physician
• Other tasks as directed and outlined by the Beach Bums General Manager
• Proficient in injury assessment, treatment and prophylactic care as it pertains to baseball sports medicine
• Work experience in baseball or with professional baseball players preferably with experience on field or in an athletic training room setting
• Athletic trainer must have a degree from a four-year college and National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
• CPR/First Aid for the Professional Rescuer/ AED
• Ability to travel extensively throughout the baseball season
• Ability to walk and / or stand for entire shift
• Ability to work long hours, evenings, and weekends required
• Effective communication with both co-workers and guests
This is an ideal position for a new ATC looking to get some excellent experience under his/her belt. Position pays salary (depending on experience), plus per diem when traveling with the team. Housing is not included.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have experience working in baseball?
2. Do you have housing in the Traverse City area?
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ